Taking the parallel rail concept further has proven to be exceptionally beneficial in early planing performance, control and ease of use. Having tested a variety of different shapes, it turned out that the concept initially introduced by our Wave department to create the Stubby, would be the spice needed in designing the ultimate Freeride machine with extra power. Similar to the new FreeWave Stubby, the Blast blew everyone’s mind during the R&D process so you can only imagine how good the final product is. Available in three sizes (100, 115 & 130) and two constructions – the elite TeXtreme® Biax Carbon (TXTR/BXC) and our Biax Fibre / Full PVC Sandwich Technology (BXF) – it’s never been so easy to have the Blast of your life!
- Straighter, more parallel rails for reduced drag and cleaner waterline
- Compact ›Stubby-Style‹ nose for reduced swing weight and super responsive foot steering through gybes
- Wide diamond tail for minimum drag and extra planing power needed through lulls / lighwinds
- Slim center width and a straighter rail flow for speed
- Trim and stance perfectly match the board’s length, tail width and rocker line
- Smooth and controlled ride over choppy water achieved via flat panel power V bottom shape, and a slight double concave from nose to center
- Flat deck shape transitioning into thin, more defined rails for superior carving with maximum stability in the stance area